Wilmington Island Presbyterian Preschool
450 North Cromwell Road
February 15, 20011
Just an update on some of the things going on around school as we finish February and head into March.
We have had several confirmed cases of the flu over the last 10 days, so please be aware of the information below and keep your child home if he/she is showing any of the symptoms mentioned.
Unlike symptoms of a common cold, flu symptoms usually come on suddenly. It often starts with the abrupt onset of fever, headache, fatigue, and body aches. Here's a list of flu symptoms you might feel:
On a happier note...
Seasonal influenza is not usually associated with gastrointestinal symptoms, like diarrhea and vomiting, at least not in adults.
- fever (usually high)
- severe aches and pains in the joints and muscles and around the eyes
- generalized weakness
- ill appearance with warm, flushed skin and red, watery eyes
- dry cough
- sore throat and watery discharge from your nose
- Hope for warm weather and enjoy our day off on Monday, February 21st, for President's Day!
- We enjoyed some wonderful Valentine's Day celebrations in our classrooms. Thank you to all of our parents who helped out.
- We're looking forward to Donuts with Daddies for our 2s and 3s next week, February 24th and 25th. Look for information from your child's teacher for more details.
- Orders for our St. Patrick's Day t-shirts are due this Friday, February 18th. The shirts are bright green with the school's name, St. Patrick's Day, and shamrocks/pot of gold printed in dark green. Cost is $10. Call the office or check our blog for more ordering information.
Thank you again for all you do to make our school a success!