Happy October!October is National Fire Prevention month. We’ll be discussing fire safety in our classrooms and enjoying a visit from the Southside Fire Department on October 19th. This is also a great time to review your home escape plan.
Look for information from your child’s teacher about a fall conference. There is no school for students on Monday, October 24, for our parent/teacher conferences. Some of you may prefer a phone or email conference, or a time before or after school, and our teachers will try to accommodate your schedule.
On Monday, October 31st, our 3s and 4s will go trick-or-treating next door at Summer Breeze. We’ll wear our Halloween costumes on that day and walk over to visit the residents and sing our Halloween songs for them. Because we’re just across the lawn from Summer Breeze we won’t need chaperones for this “trip” but most classes will have their Halloween parties later that morning so make sure you check your child’s class monthly calendar.
Arrival and Departure
Thank you for your patience as we’ve worked out the beginning of the year kinks in our carpool. Please remember that if you need to drop you child off at school before 8:50 we have our Early Birds program available for $2 per day. Our teachers use the time before school prepping for the day so please help us keep that time free for them.
Forms and Documents
If you haven’t returned the following, please check your folders and get them to us as soon as possible
- Immunization forms/shot records
- WIPP Handbook form (found on the last page of the handbook)
- Permission form to use your child’s photo
- Thank you to everyone who’s sent in printer/toner cartridges. Any and all kinds are appreciated!
- If anyone has a gently used refrigerator they’d like to donate to the preschool, please let us know. Our circa 1990 model is finally slowing down and needs replacing.
- Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 15th! Wilmington Island Presbyterian Church is having their Fall Festival. More info will be coming home in October.