Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Heebner's class has been learning some nursery rhymes. (For more on the importance of nursery rhymes in language development or to learn some more rhymes, see http://www.drjean.org/html/monthly_act/act_2012/04_Apr_css/index.html ) This week Humpty Dumpty made an appearance. After reciting the rhyme with Mrs. Smith, each child chose a number, counted out band-aids, and helped put Humpty Dumpty back together again! After everyone had a turn, the class helped Mrs. Smith count all of the band-aids!
Here's a copy of the letter sent home on Thursday/Friday. We'll also be sending out an email version later today.
April 19, 2012
It's hard to believe we are almost at the end of another school year at WIPP! There are a few bits of information and calendar updates and reminders that we wanted to share.
- If you ordered a class picture, make sure you check your child's backpack this week. Pictures were sent home Tuesday/Wednesday.
- We're offering our Sunshine Summer program again this year. Registration forms were sent home this week. Call the office if you need an extra one. If you'd like to see some of the activities from last year, check our blog archives for June and July 2011. (Our blog is still updated regularly, but because of changes in Blogger's set-up, our subscriber notifications are not always being sent!)
- Now that the preschool lotteries have been held for next year's public school PK classes, please keep us updated about your child's status for next year. All of our classes for next year are full or nearly full, so if you haven't registered for next year, please call the office soon. If you have registered and your plans change, please let us know so we can offer that spot to a child on our waiting list.
- Thank you for your generous support of our St. Jude Trike-A-Thon! We raised over $1200 to help support families of children with cancer.
- Please make sure that you pay the May installment of your child's yearly tuition on time. (Remember, if you pay the year's tuition in full in September, you get a discount!) All tuition needs to be up-to-date in order for your child to participate in our end-of-the-year activities.
Friday 5/11 Mothers’ Day program/picnic (Students report at 9:15 for our 9:30 program.)Wednesday 5/16 Graduation for 4s (Ceremony at 9:15) Thursday 5/17 Last Day of School (Picnic at Tybee Memorial Park)
Thank you again for all you've done to make our school--and this year--a success!
We will be offering our Sunshine Summer program again this year at WIPP. There will be three one-week sessions beginning May 21. The registration fee is $25. This fee covers registration for either one, two, or three weeks. Tuition is $55 per week. (All fees are non-refundable.) Children must be completely potty-trained to attend.
Check your child's backpack this week for the registration form or call the office to have one sent home.